My first book is out!
If you want to see some “extras” for the book, including family activities and a recipe for The White Witch’s Hot Cocoa, look here:
If you want to know more about my book-related appearances in fall and December 2015, look here:
You can order the book from:
I wrote Advent in Narnia after being inspired by the most successful Advent program I’ve ever offered at St. Benedict, based on C.S. Lewis’s The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. I couldn’t find a book connecting Advent with that book’s related themes: light and darkness, meals and gifts, temptation and sin, forgiveness and hope, and even an appearance by Father Christmas.
I thought I’d try to provide that resource for individuals and churches myself. I’ve written for adults and teens, with a theological thoughtfulness which I hope goes deeper than many devotional texts I’ve come across.
The book includes:
– 28 daily devotions, which alternate between the novel’s characters, themes, and images and the Scripture passages that seem to underly them.
– 2-3 reflection questions at the end of each devotion
– outlines for four adult discussion sessions
– a family program called “Narnia Night”
– movie recommendations
– ideas for crafts
– and “An Easy Recipe for Mrs. Beaver’s Sticky Marmalade Roll”!